Basic Fire Sprinkler Information
Fire Sprinklers Protect Your Home and Your Family
- Fire sprinklers are not complicated.
- Sprinklers come in a variety of styles including the classic pendant, sidewall and concealed.
- Manufacturers can paint them to match your decor (do not paint them yourself).
- There are two types of layouts, standalone and combined.
- Standalone layouts have separate pipes that just serve the sprinklers.
- Combined layouts use the same pipes to serve your plumbing fixtures and your sprinklers.
- Your sprinkler contractor can let you know what will work best in your home.
- If you are on a municipal water system you should have enough water pressure to operate your sprinklers.
- If you are on a well or have very low water pressure you can still have sprinklers by using a tank and pump.
Get a behind-the-walls look at fire sprinklers in The HFSC Virtual Sprinklered House.
Download a brochure about The Future of Fire Safety Here Today.
HFSC Tiene Material en Español HFSC Español
Concerned about the environment? Find out how Fire Sprinklers are Green
Want your children to learn about fire safety and sprinklers? Have them visit Sprinkler Smarts for Kids
Ever wonder where fire sprinklers came from? Watch the History of Fire Sprinklers Video
And now for a word from our sponsors…Ask for Home Fire Sprinklers
The lighter side of fire sprinklers. Hollywood Myths
Fire is very fast. Find out just how fast in this real-time Home Fire Timeline