Living with Fire Sprinklers
Living With Sprinklers is Easy
- Fire sprinklers require almost no maintenance and only work when you need them.
- Do a simple flow test about twice a year or have your sprinkler contractor do it for you.
- Occasionally do a visual inspection of the controls and sprinklers.
- Use a padlock to keep the water valve in the ON position.
- Teach your children fire sprinklers are not toys and should not be played with.
- NEVER hang anything on the sprinklers, even temporarily.
- Do not paint the sprinklers. And if you hire painters, make sure they know not to paint them.
- Don’t block the sprinklers with furniture or fabrics. If the spray is blocked the sprinkler cannot put out a fire.
- Most important, DON’T WORRY. Sprinklers are not complicated.
Living with Sprinklers Kit
These materials are for homeowners who already have fire sprinklers in their homes or have recently moved into homes with fire sprinkler protection. The kit provides a better understanding of fire sprinklers and how to properly maintain them.