Living with Sprinklers™
Living With Sprinklers is Easy
- Fire sprinklers require almost no maintenance and only work when you need them.
- Do a simple flow test about twice a year or have your sprinkler contractor do it for you.
- Occasionally do a visual inspection of the controls and sprinklers.
- Use a padlock to keep the water valve in the ON position.
- Teach your children they are not toys and should not be played with.
- NEVER hang anything on the sprinklers, even temporarily.
- Do not paint the sprinklers. And if you hire painters, make sure they know not to paint them.
- Don’t block the sprinklers with furniture or fabrics. If the spray is blocked the sprinkler cannot put out a fire.
- Most important, DON’T WORRY. Sprinklers are not complicated.
Find out more by watching our Living with Sprinklers Video
If you live in California, watch Living with Sprinklers in CA
Download a PDF of our Living with Sprinklers information card.
Download a PDF of our Living with Sprinklers brochure.
Download a PDF of our Living with Sprinklers information card in Spanish.