Advantages of Fire Sprinklers
The Advantages of a Home Fire Sprinkler System
With Fire Sprinklers
- The sprinkler closest to the fire activates
- Water contains or extinguishes fire
- Residents have time to safely escape
- Surrounding rooms are protected from fire, heat and smoke damage
Without Fire Sprinklers
- Flames grow and spread
- Heat and toxic gases spread room to room
- In as few as three minutes, the fire becomes deadly
- Flashover occurs and the gases and combustible materials burst into flames
It typically takes fire departments 9-12 minutes after a fire has started to arrive. By then firefighters will have to use high pressure hoses, applying water at 125 gallons per minute. The home may be lost and the family displaced.
Fire sprinklers work so fast that they often put out a fire before the fire department arrives.
In Scottsdale, AZ, a 15-year study of home fire sprinklers showed that the average loss per sprinklered fire incident was $2,166 compared to more than $45,000 for unsprinklered homes.
Make the Fire Sprinkler System a Selling Point
Promote the benefits of living in a home protected by fire sprinklers, just as you would a security system, central air, custom kitchen or master suite.
Be sure to feature fire sprinklers in listing materials, advertising, open houses, virtual tours and other presentations.
Contact a local residential fire sprinkler contractor or your local fire department to answer questions for prospective buyers and home inspectors.