This year marks 25 years since the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition was founded. HFSC continues to provide members of the fire service with free resources to educate and increase awareness about the life-saving benefits of home fire sprinklers. This year HFSC will announce new innovative tools to support community outreach.
Save the date: Home Fire Sprinkler Week (HFSW) May 16-22, 2021
Building on last year’s successes, HFSC will be rolling out a fresh slate of free, creative assets that will simplify your participation, including:
- A brand new HFSW digital campaign to reach younger homebuyers with original illustrations and more that will help you emphasize the need for home fire sprinklers in your community
- A new video to highlight the Green benefits of installing home fire sprinklers
- Assorted daily educational themes with companion graphics and prepared copy – just click and paste into your social media accounts to share
- And much more – stand by for event announcements
NEW! Powerful 3D and 360-Degree Home Fire Sprinkler Experience
HFSC will unveil an exciting new virtual reality resource that lets users personally understand how fire and deadly smoke quickly spread and experience the power of home fire sprinklers. Fire department educators will be the first in the nation to use this simulated side-by-side event.
Money for Local Outreach
A new Stipend award program will recognize fire department commitment to home fire sprinkler education with earmarked moneys to cover socially-distanced educational outreach, such as:
- New Virtual Reality Experience materials
- Facebook Live events and advertising
- Construction of to-scale NFPA 13D riser
- Educational banners
- And other creative fire service ideas!
What do homebuyers know?
We will share important new findings from a national survey. The research illuminates personal preferences of Millennial and other homebuyers about homebuying, Smart-technology and Green living as well as home fire safety and interest in home fire sprinklers. We will share the findings to help you educate homebuilders/developers and officials in your jurisdiction.
Homebuilding is booming in many markets – make the most of this opportunity!
In 2021, HFSC will enhance its Homebuilder/Developer Incentive program to help even more local AHJs and fire department personnel reach out to local developers ahead of new home builds. This one action can result in fire sprinkler installations in hundreds of new homes. Watch for new HFSC resources and strategies.
What can you do right now? Tap into HFSC’s free, turnkey content and make it yours. Upload it to your department website; post it on your social media accounts; share it with your local Media; use it in your PowerPoint Presentations. And please follow our social media accounts:
Twitter: @HFSCorg and in Canada @HFSCinCanada