How Fire Sprinklers Work
Fire Sprinklers are Simple, Reliable and Proven
- Fire sprinklers are very simple.
- The sprinkler is just a plug that holds back water in a pipe similar to your other plumbing pipes.
- Heat from a fire will break a glass tube or melt a solder plug which releases the water.
- The water comes out as a spray that covers the area immediately around the sprinkler, putting out the fire.
- Only the one sprinkler closest to the fire opens. All the other sprinklers remain sealed so the water is confined to just the area of the fire.