How Fire Sprinklers Work
If the links in the movie are not working please use these:
Basic Fire Sprinkler Information • Getting Fire Sprinklers • Living With Sprinklers • More Videos
Fire Sprinklers are Simple, Reliable and Proven
- Fire sprinklers are very simple.
- The sprinkler is just a plug that holds back water in a pipe similar to your other plumbing pipes.
- Heat from a fire will break a glass tube or melt a solder plug which releases the water.
- The water comes out as a spray that covers the area immediately around the sprinkler, putting out the fire.
- Only the one sprinkler closest to the fire opens. All the other sprinklers remain sealed so the water is confined to just the area of the fire.
HOW FIRE SPRINKLERS WORK
Watch a short animated movie that explains the workings of home fire sprinklers and is downloadable for your own use.
HOW MUCH WATER DO SPRINKLERS USE?
Fire sprinklers use far less water than fire hoses. Watch a short animated movie you can download for your own use, that demonstrates just how little.